Two months to go

We have just over two months of 2014 to go.  It's been an awesome year (SO much better than 2013), but we haven't done all that awesome at our To Do's this time around.  There have been some awesome BIG accomplishments that weren't even on the list though.  Drew tells me it evens itself out that way, but the overachiever I can't shake off questions that.  

  • Family
    • Trip - Chicago, Portland, DC, Knoxville, Michigan Adventure? - It was nothing nearly as fun sounding as the ones we listed, but we did end up going to Columbus as a family and I got to do a couple work related mini trips.
    • Monthly dates alone with each of my boys - I've made an effort to spend time one-on-one with the kids, but it hasn't been a monthly thing and the biggest one always gets left out.
    • A2 Mini Trip
      • Train in and out? - It was decided that with the amount of running around we would be doing that the train was impractical.
      • Hands On Museum
      • Museum of Natural History
      • Overnight in hotel or work in camping?
      • Amphibian Zoo in A2
    • One new AZA Zoo - Choices of: Binder Park Zoo, Children's Zoo at Celebration Square, Potter Park Zoological Gardens
    • Archery with Tarquin
    • Camping -  Totally cheating on this one.  I didn't camp, but the boys spent the night in a tent.  "Still counts!"
    • Finally give Harrison a birthday party -  The bounce place party was a BLAST!  
    • Summer outdoor movie 
    • Ride Zoo train & Carousel - We have been having less zoo time the busier we get.  :(
  • Self
    • 365 Days of Gratefulness
    • Begin to practice yoga
    • Finish up the Jane Austen novels
    • Kick Grad School ass - So far so good!
    • Say yes more, especially when you don’t want to
    • New tattoo (bonus points if Andy gets one too) - Well, Andy got his.  I still haven't gotten mine.  I can't make a decision on the where of my big one, but I did decide for definite that I don't want to get a matching tattoo for Harry like I have for Tarquin.
    • Take better care of myself - Eh, I did the BIG taking care of myself, but I haven't done my other screenings this year.
  • Southeastern Michigan Fun
    • Rust Belt Market
    • Marche Du Nain Rouge
    • More exploring around Eastern Market - There's still SO much to explore.
    • Morley Candy/Sanders tour
    • Slow Roll
    • Robot Garage
    • Go to some random strange festival (bologna, Elvis, etc.)
    • Five new parks - I don't think we've done one yet.  My surgery made prime park going time pointless.
    • Noel Night
  • Peoples
    • Friendsgiving
    • At least two game nights - We had one, and we've had a couple of family game nights.  I think over all I can call this a success.
    • Birthday cards - I made it for like 5 months and then I ran out of stamps and lost my steam.
  • Other Things
    • Homemade/local/small business Christmas as much as possible again
    • DIY decoration for all holidays - I don't think I even made it through one holiday for this, lol
    • Less chains/”fast” foods - this would only be considered a success because we've eaten so much Polish Village Cafe the past two months
      • Cross off some of the Detroit foods/restaurants I haven’t yet tried - not a single one so far
      • Start teaching Tarquin to make dinner - barely

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2017 To Dos

See ya later 2016!

January 2017